Friday, October 5, 2012

New Shanghai, Pavillion KL

By Venus Lee

To be honest, I am not a tea-lover but there is this matcha cake my friend kept recommended it to me. In case you don't know what is matcha, matcha is also known as Japanese green tea. I was wondering what was so special about this matcha cake, so my friend decided to bring me there to have our brunch. This restaurant is actually a restaurant with Shanghai dessert theme and also the first ever outlet in Kuala Lumpur. It is located in Pavilion which is a very strategic place in the center point of the city.



The decoration of New Shanghai. The design of the shop is of vintage. As you can see, they are having an open kitchen for the people to have a look into the preparation and making of the dishes.




There are variety choices of tea for the customers as well.



I found this interestingly huge ‘Shou bun' outside the shop. 'Shou' represents long live in Chinese culture. I believe this is a tactic used to attract more customers to dine in.


Tadaaa! This is what my friend craving for! Well, this matcha cake doesn't taste as bad as I expected. The smooth texture mixed well with the strong matcha taste. According to my friend, there is actually a difference between green tea and matcha. Most of the people used matcha to makes dessert because it has a richer aroma and sweeter taste compared to green tea which has a light fragrance. 



Besides, I had also tried out the Osmanthus cake with wolfberriers (RM5.80) which I prefer the most among all of them. This is refreshingly chilled which must be a great choice of dessert after you have taken your heavy meal. Sweet tooth people like me will definitely like it too!



Last but not least, not forgetting to try out their 'char siew pau' which is pork free. I recommend it to all the non-Muslims. You will never regret once you have a try on it bacause it is so delicious and mouth-watering. In addition, the freshness of the food sold there is one of the reasons why it has high reputation.




New Shanghai(Opposite Mercato)
Lot 1.02.00 Pavilion KL
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2142 2833

No comments:

Post a Comment